Hello all my lovely ladies and gentlemen! It’s better late than never, right? (Had planned beginning of the month updates on the first of the month but I think I’ll be more fluid and change it to by the 5th hehe).
To be honest, not to terribly much has happened yet. January was filled with a lot of stress between both of my part-time jobs, finding work-life balance, and a lot of other stuff. I have, however, gotten to a point where I may have more structure between the two so I can spend more time making stuff for my shop. (If you think about it, I technically have 4 jobs. Two outside part-times, one for my parents and their business, and then my own business x_X No wonder I’m so stressed!).
My eldest brother was also teaching me some fun stuff that I can do with Excel to start trying to use it for inventory management and keeping track of items so when I only have bits of time that I can dedicate to CSE, I’ve been working on those. In some ways, it’s kind of fun to work with spreadsheets, but on the other hand it can be frustrating because I know I want to do a particular thing, but I just don’t know how to program the functions to do said particular thing. Thank god for pre-made templates! (Thank you internet for your lovely search capabilities that I don’t think I could live without like my parents).
Other than inventory management, I’ve also been finally working on some items for KitsuneKon. I haven’t gotten very far, but I’ve at least started. I made most of the pattern pieces on Monday and just have to make two more. Also, one day I’ll have a more legit space than our dinning room/office/craft room/reading room/whatever-we-need-except-actually-eating.
Any mess you see here is my doing. I am the terror that usually undoes any sort of cleanliness (I think mom wasted all the organization on my other brother because I’ve got nothing…I can never find anything when it’s put away….)
Goals for February:
- Make at least two size runs of tutus (sizes S~XL)
- Work on Sarah’s Death Jester cosplay (one of those situations where I have to do x before I do y before I do z right now though….)
- Work on inventory management
- At least get one of the 3 (so far) sheets completed with exact count, when to reorder, etc etc
- Also complete at least one sheet that details amount of materials used for project
- Don’t forget to pamper self (whether that means just sleeping in until 9 guilt-free once, or a date with the boyfriend and not do work for a day)