(LoZ Item Get never gets old)
Tomorrow is my birthday, and in many ways, this year is pretty “Meh” celebration wise (which I’m okay with). I have to work both jobs, and I have to work early Monday so that means no party-hardying for me (that’s okay…I’ll make it up to myself next year for my 25th since it’ll be my golden ;D).
Earlier this month I did goals for myself as a business. In lieu of my b-day, I’m going to write down 24 goals for myself personally for the year.
- Time management. Seriously, I have a ton of issues with this. D: I’m hoping to fix that this year.
- Work + Life balance. Will play into time management. Right now I technically work 4 jobs (Vandervest, JoAnns, my parents, and myself). I literally have no structure week to week and my system is completely screwed up. I’m hoping by at least June I have stuff figured out. I need routine.
- Find an exercise regime that works for me. I recently discovered hooping so…I hope that sticks (I have to rest another day or two from it though. They really aren’t kidding when they say you get bruises D: ). I can’t walk a gajillion miles on end at the mall (or even around town) like my brother does…unless I go with him. It is just not satisfying to me and becomes a reeeeaaal big hassle (not to mention back to #2 where I have like…no routine)
- Make healthier food choices. Even though it’ll be a bit more expensive in some ways….I really gotta crack down on this. This includes remembering to take my supplements regularly (which I don’t right now).
- Finish Sarah’s Death Jester Cosplay. Hoping time management can help with this one because I still have a shit-ton to do. T__T Augh (stressing already)
- Find a different outlet for stress other than crying. I get stressed out. I cry. I get really frustrated. I cry. I need to find a more creative/productive outlet.
- Stay on track for paying off my loans. Want these babies paid off. A lot.
- Have at least 1 photoshoot for my business.
- Create a collection for said photoshoot. Hopefully by Fall.
- As always, lose weight/or rather lose fat and gain muscle. With a lot of stress since the end of 2013, (being much amplified this past fall), I gained a bunch of weight. Hoping goals 3 and 4 will help with this.
- Learn to say no. I’m better than I was, but I could still use some help.
- Keep up this blog. I have a blog content plan planned through February (fully) and partially through the end of the year. (Constants being the first of the month is a business update post, the 15th is an influential designer, and the end of the month will be a round-up of articles on Textiles, Fashion, and Fashion shows or other fun articles I come across outside those categories).
- Organize. If you saw my room, you’d understand the need for this.
- Create a website. May have to hire a friend to do the layout and such for me because I’m terrible with code. T_T I can do fun photoshop/illustrator stuff but can’t make it into a webpage D:
- Help mom get our sewing/crafting room up and running. It’ll make both of our lives easier once we have that.
- Gain better self confidence. I can be quite good at faking it, but I have absolute terrible self-esteem. This is a never-ending process at the moment. Hopefully one day I can take this off my list.
- Start thinking about long-term life planning. Don’t have to plan anything now, but I need to at least start getting it in my head that one of these days I wont be living with my parents and I’ll need to learn how to do stuff.
- Continue making connections, no matter how big or small. Now that I have a different setting of a job at the dealership, I’ll get to meet all kinds of new people and experiences. I’m actually very excited for this.
- Don’t be afraid to take some risks. Right now I’m really conservative when it comes to money and taking risks. I fear that if I stay this way, I wont be able to grow my business. What’s holding me back, though, is my crippling debt from college and that is constantly in the back of my mind.
- Work on my art skills. Hopefully, starting in February (when things have calmed down a bit), I will try to find time, even if it’s only 5 minutes a day, to try and sketch. Anything and everything.
- Use up some of the fabric downstairs and try to lessen the amount of impulse buying. Mom keeps yelling at me for bringing more home. I can’t help it ;__; (I’ve at least gotten smart enough to start labeling the fabric with what my intended use for it so when I finally get to it, I remember why I bought it)
- Make an epic pattern/design for fabric. Idk what that will be yet, but I want something that I designed and then make it into something.
- Delve into papermaking and dying fabric. They look really awesome, and very much potential black holes
- Make it to 25. Only have about 366 days to go.
Okay. I’m done pestering you with weird goals. I’ll hopefully have part III of Making a Collection done this next week.