January 4th, 2015
Hey everyone! Sorry for falling off the face of the earth for my blog, since June of last year. Everything was crazy busy and I lost track and focus – I had no plan and I was spread too thin.
This year, though, will be different. I am going to make an effort to be more engaged with my audience and many other things. I’ve already taken steps to better plan out the blog (no…seriously….you should see the spreadsheet I have with my plan haha). My goal is to start with at least two posts per week and go from there. Some weeks may have more, as I get more comfortable at this.
I am completely done with school now. I have my Bachelors of Arts in Fashion Design from Mount Mary University (graduating Magna Cum Laude and in the Honors Program). I also attended Northeast Wisconsin Technical College to obtain a Certificate in Entrepreneurship. It was nice, because I only had to take 15 credits to get the certificate. (Getting straight A’s in my 5 classes was pretty nice too~).
So let’s go to it, shall we?
I have a few hopes and goals for Crimson Star Emporium this year (I’ll post another list at the end of the month for some of my personal goals).
- Extend Product Lines
- Add additional scale clothes and accessories. This includes varying loincloths, armors (like epaulettes), glow in the dark, and more.
- Additional hair accessories (no idea yet, I just know I want to haha).
- Add Product Lines
- FINALLY I WILL DO CLOTHING!!!
- No seriously, I will
- It’ll be fun stuff like tulle skirts, peasant blouses, and many more.
- Handmade Paper
- Buttons (I have about 15 ish designs ready to go now; plan to have more by the time KitsuneKon rolls around in March)
- Create a 4~6 piece collection for Fall/Winter 2015
- In helping me do this, I will be doing blog posts on how to create a fashion collection (which will help me prep for my own)
- ETA is probably sometime around September/October at the earliest
- Try to add at least 1 or 2 more conventions to vend at
- Attending KitsuneKon (March 20~22, in Green Bay, WI) in the vendor hall
- Awaiting to see if I get confirmation for NoBrandCon (April 24-26, in Eau Claire, WI) in vendor hall
- Possibly Geek.Kon (August 21-23, Madison, WI), not sure if going for AA or Vendor Hall
- Thinking about maybe Ramen Con (September 18-20, Merriville, IN) not sure if AA or Vendor Hall
- Possibly any others that may come up. Don’t want to drive more than 4 hours to get to one
- Get a legit website to host everything. Not sure the likely hood of this one this year, but we’ll see how far I can get